Lisa Dion: Revolutionising Play in Therapeutic Practice with Children and Young People
PIP Solutions is delighted to host Lisa Dion in the UK for the first time.
Lisa is the creator of Synergetic Play Therapy – a researched-informed model of play therapy based on nervous system regulation, interpersonal neurobiology, physics, attachment, mindfulness, and therapist authenticity. It aims to replicate the delicate dance of attunement that occurs between a caregiver and an infant. It focuses on ensuring that the practitioner’s verbalizations and non-verbal activity are congruent during the play therapy sessions in order to transmit trust and safety. In doing so, the approach maximizes right-hemisphere to right-hemisphere communication and acts as an external regulator for children’s dysregulated states as they arise in the therapeutic process.
Lisa's approach is applicable to all children, as the basis for her theory is rooted in neuroscience and interpersonal neurobiology. Her work is also effectively applied to work with children and young people who express aggression in their behaviour. This is a vital new area that has rarely been conceptualized. Lisa’s approach highlights how a compassionate and relational orientation is critical to be aware of the multiple layers of meaning that occurs in the exchanges between therapist and child/young person.
This training will benefit Child/Adolescent Therapists, Social Workers, Teachers, Health Play Staff, Early Years Teachers Practitioners, SENCOs & Psychologists
Participants will come away with a range of new skills and strategies that include:
- Being able to describe how to relate from a neurobiological perspective
- Learning how to set boundaries without shaming or shutting down the child
- Learning how to make aggressive play therapeutic
- Understanding how to work with the intensity of aggressive play without the professional’s own nervous system shutting down resulting in compassion fatigue and burn out
- Learning how to become the external regulator to deepen children’s ability to integrate the challenging experiences they are working through
Using hands-on and practical techniques, Lisa will assist the group to trace the moment to moment shifts in regulation between professional and child, providing a level of insight which supports the transformation of aggression into ways of connecting and mutual trust.
Completion of this two-day training will enable participants to access a further 9 hours on-line supplemental course and 6 hours supervision (included in the payment for the supplemental training) in order to complete the Level 1 Introduction to Synergetic Play Therapy. Participants will be issued with a certificate of attendance for 12 hours training, those choosing to access the on-line course plus supervision, will complete the requirements to join the full Certification program.
UK: 17-18 July 2021 - Wyboston Lakes Resort, Great North Road, Wyboston, Bedfordshire, MK44 3AL
Booking and Cancellation Policy:
- Bookings are provisional on receipt of the booking form.
- Payment is required on booking to secure your place.
- Should you need to cancel your training with us, we will refund your payment less a 10% administration fee.
- If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred. If you are not able to attend, you will receive a full refund less a 10% administration fee.