Dennis McCarthy: Harnessing the Dragon - Helping Children Heal from Trauma: September 2021
A one-day training in child psychotherapy with Dennis McCarthy LMHC/DMT.
PIP Solutions is delighted that Dennis McCarthy accepted our invitation to join us from the USA to provide training at three locations across the UK.
Dennis has worked for 45 years as a play therapist with children. Trained initially as a dancer and dance therapist he went on to study Bioenergetic analysis and Jungian analysis. He has developed a unique approach to play therapy, which is both body-centered and imagination driven, informed by these methods as well as the thousands of children he has treated.
His approach is described in several books including “If You Turned into a Monster – Transformation through Play” and A Manual of Dynamic Play Therapy – Helping Things Fall Apart: The Paradox of Play” as well as numerous professional journals. He has given keynotes and trainings internationally and co-leads a biannual workshop for personal growth in the Greek islands entitled “The Heart Leaps Up…”
This one day training will use theory, case material and experiential process, to provide a highly successful and dynamic approach to working with traumatized children.
The dragon is the penultimate symbol of life force for the child. When dysregulated due to trauma, neurology or the many issues that children often struggle with, it can cause enormous problems. When harnessed in the context of a safe therapeutic relationship, it helps the child resolve these issues and move forward in their lives.
- Manchester - Friday 10th September 2021 - Alderley Edge Hotel, Macclesfield Road, Alderley Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7BJ
Colchester - Monday 13th September 2021 - Colchester
- Swindon - Tuesday 14th September 2021 - Wrag Barn Golf Club, Shrivenham Road, Highworth, SN6 7QQ
- Bookings are provisional on receipt of the booking form.
- Payment is required on booking to secure your place.
- Should you need to cancel your training with us, we will refund your payment less a 10% administration fee.
- If the event is postponed and a new date rescheduled, your booking will be automatically transferred. If you are not able to attend, you will receive a full refund less a 10% administration fee.